New Website

This site is not updated anymore.
NEW WEBSITE:
..

11 August 2009

U2 concert in Zagreb

This concert was way beyond my expectations. I travelled to Zagreb this Sunday with Sid and Andras Trunkos (our manager). U2's outstanding performance took place at the front of a full stadium. As far as I know the tickets were sold out quickly and they stayed another night to play another concert next day too. The Hours and the Snow Patrol were their support bands.
U2’s music was always close to my taste. Moreover a lot of our songs were inspired by their sound. But to be honest, I’ve never been to one U2 concert before in my life. What a shame! It was real ROCK, big sound, huge performance, very entertaining… Most of my impressions about U2 came from listening their CD’s and were a bit different than what I saw that night in live. I haven’t seen such a good professional concert for a long time.

Unfortunately we didn’t bring a camera, so I tried to take some photos with my mobile phone. Apologies for the quality.

***
at the gate
The stage was erected in the middle of the stadium. The audience was all around it. There was an outer ring around the main stage, they sometimes went there over a bridge, so they were even more inside the audience area. It just doesn’t show on this photo... :)
Support bands were playing in daylight
Stadium was getting full while sun goes down
On the roof there was a round led wall showig the concert and visual effects. Sometimes it rolled down all the way to the ground for a much bigger screen
I did not take more photos, just wasn't much fun with mobile phone quality... But we didn't regret the trip. It was one of the coolest concert I've ever been to. But it was sure the loudest :)